Personal Data Protection Policy
|means Premium One Sports Sdn Bhd and/or its Subsidiary and/or successors-in-title and/or permitted assigns;
|means the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709).
1. About this Policy
ProtechKitZone is committed in protecting your privacy in which we are obliged to process your data in accordance with the responsibilities under the PDPA. The purpose of this Personal Data Protection Policy sets out how ProtechKitZone will use and protect the information you give us that shall be subjected to the personal data protection principles under PDPA.
‘Personal Data’ refers to any data, including but not limited to name, address, email address and contact number or any chain of information, whether true or not, that allows an individual to be identified from the said data.
2. Collection of Personal Data
- Your personal data we collect about or relating to you, depends on the circumstances in which we interact with you, in which event, we will only collect personal data for the purposes that are directly related to our business activities and when it is necessary for such purposes.
- Your Personal Data will be collected from you during your course of dealing with us in any means including pursuant to any transaction with us and/or any communication made between us.
- We may also collect your Personal Data from variety sources, including but not limited to, during any event held, seminars, roadshows, campaigns, customer satisfaction surveys or fill-in forms at our outlets and/or our offices.
- The following are some examples in our course of dealing that we would have your Personal Data be collected:
- When you complete purchase orders, request or application for our products (whether in person, mail or electronically);
- When you register your details on our website, apps or forms at our outlets;
- When you communicate with us directly via our customer service or directly vis our co-worker within our outlets in relation to our products (in person, by mail, telephone or any other means)
- When you conduct certain type of transaction such as; refunds and/or replacement of products;
- When you enter, and interact with us during promotion, competition, contests, campaigns, lucky draws, events or by using our built-in devices within our outlets;
- When you are a participant to any of surveys we conducted or any type of research; or
- If you are a candidate for employment, data collected when you filled in forms for the purposes of recruitment and assessment process where we may also collect your data from nominated referees upon your authorisation.
- In furtherance to the above, we may also receive, store and process your Personal Data that are made available by any third party, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, credit reference bodies, for reason including delivery of our products, performance of agreement, our business interest and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
3. Your Consent
By giving us your personal information, you are deemed to have consented us to collect, use, process and disclose your Personal Data under the terms of this Policy and under PDPA.
4. Purpose of collecting and processing your Personal Data
Generally, ProtechKitZone collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Responding to your queries, complaints, feedback and requests;
- Verifying your identity and processing payments;
- To maintain and improve our customer relationship;
- To provides you with information and/or updates on our Products, upcoming promotions offered by us and/or events organised by us or our third-party that may interest you from time to time;
- For direct marketing purposes via SMS, email or any other appropriate communication channels to you in the event you subscribed to our membership and/or loyalty programme;
- To conduct market research or surveys, customer profiling activities, analysis on the customer’s patterns and choices, internal marketing analysis including our internal planning, statistical and trend analysis in relation to our Products;
- For audit, risk management, security and/or obtaining insurance purposes (whichever that may be applicable);
- To share or process your data for the purpose of investigating and preventing any unauthorised use, fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities as well as enforcing our Terms and Conditions of the Products;
- For enabling us in performing any obligation or enforcing any of rights set under any agreement that we are a party to;
- For our internal administrative purposes as well as maintaining and updating our internal records; and
- To conduct preliminary background check and verification in recruitment process as well as administering and/or assessing any existing/potential commercial transaction between us.
If you do not consent us in processing your Personal Data for one or more of the above Purposes, please notify us at our customer services department.
5. Protection of your Personal Data
- ProtechKitZone ensure you that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- ProtechKitZone will not sell, rent, transfer or disclose any of your Personal Data to any third party without your consent save for the following purposes;
- Your successors-in-title to us;
- Any party that is under a confidential obligation which has undertaken to keep and process your Personal Data which we have engaged to carry out our obligation to you as well as our auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers appointed in connection with our business interest and improvement on a strictly confidential basis;
- Any government and statutory agencies or enforcement authorities to comply with the relevant law, regulations or by-laws, Judgment and Orders or queries from the relevant authorities;
- Payment platforms for the purpose of assessing, verifying, effectuating and facilitating payment in connection with your purchase of our Products;
- financial institutions, merchants and credit card organisations in connection with your commercial transactions with us;
- third-party credit reporting or employment agencies for our recruitment and assessment process including assessment before concluding any commercial transaction between us; and
- you become a winner to a lucky draw or contest or competition organised by us or any of our third party at our outlets or roadshows or during campaigns or exhibitions, in which event your name, photographs and other relevant Personal Data are to be shared to the public without compensation for advertising, publicity and announcement purposes.
6. Refusal in giving consent to this Policy
The collection of your Personal Data by us are mandatory depending on the nature of your course of dealing with us. Should you intend to withdraw your consent to receive any marketing and promotional via email, or through any other communication channel, do unsubscribe the same or you may contact us to withdraw your consent. However, in the event consent is mandatory, and you refuse to give consent for us collecting your Personal Data under this Policy, we will not be able to provide Products or otherwise to proceed further dealing with you.
- ProtechKitZone shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information. However, we do not guarantee any unauthorised access or accidental access to such data due to the following:
- Malicious third-party activities that include hacking and having illegal access as well as theft of ProtechKitZone’s computer or Data storage devices; and
- Computer errors due to bugs or error on programming code of the website or relevant platform that is use for the purposes of gathering and processing the Personal Data.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
8. Data storage & Retention Data Period
- Your Personal Data are being stored by our internal and external servers to which the Data may be processed by our authorised service providers that is obligated under strict confidential duties.
- Your Personal Data will be retained for as long as it necessary, depending on our nature course of dealing.
- We will retain details of your Personal Data during the registration of your account under our website for as long as the account remains in existence or for a short period after you have close account with us.
- We will retain your Personal Data you may have with our customer service department for as long as it necessary to resolve any complaint, feedback or queries, in which the Data will be retained for a short period after the query or complaint case is resolved.
- We will retain your Personal Data upon your online purchase through our website until a request comes to us for the same to be updated or deleted. However, we will retain your transaction information for as long as are required under the law, tax and accounting purposes.
- We will retain your Personal Data for as long as it takes to process any recruitment under us, to which there will be an additional period of 6 months in retaining your Personal Data upon any unsuccessful job application with us; and
- We may retain your Personal Data beyond the specified retention period in order to meet necessary regulatory requirement, resolving disputes, preventing fraud or any unauthorised use, operational, tax and/or accounting requirements in which the said information will be regularly reviewed to ensure the applicability of the foregoing or otherwise deletion will take place in accordance to our internal procedures and schedules.
ProtechKitZone’s main objective is to keep all Personal Data as accurate, complete, up-to-date, correct yet not mislead, and reliable as possible. Therefore, the accuracy of your Personal Data largely depends on the information that you provide to us. Due to that, ProtechKitZone urge you to:
- Warrant that the Personal Data that you submitted or about to submit to us are not misleading, accurate and correct, updated and complete in connection with the purposes of acquiring or using the relevant products. You hereby ensure that you have not withheld any material Personal Data that is important to the nature of your course of dealing with us where we then, will assume all Personal Data submittedby you are deemed accurate and up-to date for us to process further unless you have state and update otherwise; and
- Immediately update us in the event the Personal Data that you have submitted is outdated or changes in any way whatsoever by contacting us at our customer service department.
10.Rights to the Personal Data
Subject always to the exception provided under the PDPA, you have the rights to request access to or request to correct and update your Personal Data held by us. However, you may request a copy of your Personal Data held by us provided always that you are agreeable to be subjected to a processing fee.
11. Amendment & Prevailing Policy
ProtechKitZone has the right to change this policy at any time. This policy is not a contract, nor does it suggest any obligation on our party with another party. In the event of any conflict of interpretation between English and Bahasa Malaysia Policy, the English version shall prevail.
You may contact ProtechKitZone in connection with this Policy at our customer service Department at : email@example.com.
END OF POLICY